What to expect after an Injectable Filler
- Apply cool compresses to the area(s) treated as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising (avoid pressure and direct ice/frozen packs directly on the skin). You will be provided with a gel pack to assist with this cooling before leaving the office.
- DO NOT RUB OR MASSAGE the treated area(s) today. When cleansing your face or applying make-up, use gentle, sweeping motions to avoid excessive mobility of the area(s).
- You may begin wearing makeup once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided. Mineral makeup works well.
- AVOID excessive movement of the treated area(s) for the first few hours and up to 2-3 days.
- AVOID strenuous exercise or activity for the next 24 following the treatment day. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort. Avoid aspirin or ibuprofen for 24 hours as these products may increase your potential to bruise.
- AVOID drinking alcohol for a minimum of 12 hours as this may contribute to bruising and/or swelling.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to the treated area/s.
Call our office promptly (503) 655-9727 if you experience ANY of the following:
Increasing pain, swelling, significant bruising or darkening at or around the treatment area, notable change in temperature to the skin surrounding the treatment area, drainage or fever over 100.5 F or ANY other concerns you may have.